- Must be 18 years old by July 10, 2017
- High School graduate by June 2017
- Must be able to attend all cheerleader rehearsals for the entire season
- If selected, must live in or relocate to South Florida and have means of transportation
- Preliminary & Semi-Final Auditions will be held at the Baptist Health Training Facility (formerly known as Miami Dolphins Training Facility) located at 7500 s.w. 30th street Davie, FL 33314 on Saturday, June 3, 2017
- Registration begins promptly at 8:30 am. Competition begins at 10:00 am.
- Between 9:00 am and 9:45 a.m. contestants learn audition choreography that will immediately be performed at 10:00 am. (This choreography will also be taught on Friday, June 2. To register for the pre-audition choreography session, click here.)
- Applications will be accepted now through June 2, 2017 at 4:00pm.
To pre-register for auditions, please CLICK HERE.
Pre-registered applicants arriving by 8:30 am will receive the first contestant numbers. You will also need to fill out a bio sheet and bring a photo to registration with you. Pre-registered applicants must present a photo ID to receive their contestant number.
Applicants not pre-registered need to fill out a completed application form, bio form and photo to registration on the day of auditions. Blank application forms will be available at registration.
This portion of the audition process is CLOSED to the public.
It will be a long day, so please bring your own snacks and drinks.
Mirrors and restrooms will be available for your convenience and use.
For audition-related questions, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What To Wear
- Crop/half top with athletic shorts
- Nude/flesh colored tights or panty hose
- Dance shoes (sneakers, jazz shoes, character shoes, etc.)
- No dance pants, warm-ups or shorts.
- Wear your hair in a fashion that compliments your features and does not hide your face. This is not a typical dance audition, THINK GLAMOROUS!
- The judges will rate you on poise, smile, personality, energy, figure and dance ability.
Overview Of The Audition Phases
Saturday, June 3, 2017 at 8:30am (all times are approximate) – Registration doors open – pre-registered applicants will be allowed in first. All contestants must have an application, bio sheet and photo of themselves at the registration table. Applications can be filled out online by registering here. Pre-registered candidates will be the first to enter.
9:00 – 9:45 a.m. – Contestants learn audition choreography. This choreography will also be taught on Friday, June 2. To register for audition prep and/or pre-audition choreography, click here.
10:00 a.m. – ROUND 1– I groups of five, contestants will perform a 30-second-freestyle routine. After all contestants have free-styled the judges will retire to make their decisions. At approximately 11:00 a.m., call backs for the semi-final phase will be posted outside the admittance gate. Those selected will re-enter the facility at this time.
11:30 a.m. – ROUND 2– Contestants must bring their preliminary contestant number to re-register for the Semi-Final Phase. After registration is complete, the Cheerleader Choreographer will refresh the choreography learned earlier. Immediately following, contestants will introduce themselves and perform the routine in groups of five.
1 p.m. – ROUND 3– Panel interviews in groups of 3-5. Upon completion of the interview section, the judges will retire to make decisions and return shortly for the announcement of those selected to advance to finals week. Those selected will stay for a brief meeting to discuss the final phases of the audition process.
*The following applies to the candidates selected to move onto Finals.
Final Candidate Interviews
- Monday or Tuesday, June 5 or 6 at Hard Rock Stadium
- You will sign up for a specific interview time slot on one of the above dates.
Final Audition Rehearsals
- Wednesday, June 7 – 6:30pm–10:00pm – Clinic 1 at Baptist Health Training Facility
- Thursday, June 8 – 6:30pm–10:00pm – Clinic 2 at Baptist Health Training Facility
- Friday, June 9 – 6:30pm–10:00pm – Clinic 3 at Baptist Health Training Facility
- Sunday, June 11, 2017 – 9:00 am- 3:00 pm
- Hard Rock Live, Hollywood, FL
Open to the Public – the final phase of the auditions will take place in the auditorium, in front of a live audience.