Holly’s Top 10 Beauty uses for Coconut oil
My top beauty tip and something I live by daily is the use of Coconut oil. I discovered this only last year, and now I will not go a day with out using it in my beauty regimen. It all started with me asking a great friend how she whitened her teeth, and to my surprise she told me that she used Coconut oil; you can imagine the face I pulled when she replied with that. I was intrigued and started asking away. Now everyday I use Coconut oil to make my skin, teeth and hair beautiful. It’s affordable, effective and you can buy it in most supermarkets and organic shops ( I prefer the sent free oil). So I would love to share with you my top 10 beauty tips and tricks.
- Make up remover; A great way to remove waterproof mascara and eyeliner quickly. I apply a small amount directly and remove everything with a cotton pad, then rinse my face with water.
- Hair mask; This is my favourite way to hydrate my hair. I apply a good amount to the ends of my hair while its dry or damp and leave it in for an hour or so, then wash it out with shampoo twice; It will leave your hair so soft and shiny. Its also effective as a leave-in conditioner, all you have to do is apply a small amount to the ends of damp hair.
- Whitening mouthwash; I know 20 minutes might sound like a long time to rinse/ keep the oil in your mouth, but its well worth it. Just use one spoon daily and you will be on the way to whiter teeth and healthier gums. Coconut oil has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties this is what makes it so effective. To make the time pass quickly I do my hair and make up while doing this.
- Body scrub; Just mix half a cup of Coconut oil with a hand full of salt or sugar and you will have quick and easy body scrub (I personally use salt). Also the oil will act like a moisturise after the grains have washed away.
- Lip balm; I like to put a little in a mini jar, Its perfect for moisturizing chapped lips.
- Shaving cream: Use the oil to get a closer shave it will leave your legs smooth and soft instead of dry and irritated.
- Moisturizer; Apply little as it goes along way, Its great for dry skin.
- Cuticle Oil; If you have hard or cracked cuticles just use a little at the base of your nails, also it will help your manicure last longer.
- Makeup brush cleaner; Mix one part Coconut oil and two parts of antibacterial soap to clean your bushes.
- Night cream; I apply a thin layer to my face before I go to bed for maximum hydration also the antioxidants help to smooth fine lines.
I Hope these tips will be as useful to you as they are for me.