When I’m not cheering on the sidelines, one of my favorite activities to do is cook; especially desserts! My favorite meal of the day cannot come soon enough. No matter how healthy I eat during the day, I always go to bed with some sweets in my stomach. I’m always excited to find new recipes online to try out for myself. One of my favorite desserts that I’ve ever made is “S’mores Cookies”. They are very simple to make and are absolutely delicious! There are two easy ways to make this recipe. If you want to be a little more adventurous, you can make homemade cookies instead of using place-and-bake dough from the package. Here’s how it works:
Ingredients for cookie dough:
1 large egg
3/4th cup brown sugar (light or dark)
1 cup chocolate chips
1 & 1/4th cups Flour
1/4th tsp Salt
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 stick Butter (salted or unsalted)
Ingredients for S’mores topping:
1 cup Mini marshmallows
About 3 Hershey’s chocolate bars
1 box graham crackers (I prefer the honey flavored)
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-In a large mixer, beat together softened butter and sugar until fluffy
-Add vanilla extract and egg to the mixture
-Stir in the flour, salt, and chocolate chips
-Once cookie dough has formed, shape into small circles about 2 tbs in size.
- Break large rectangular graham crackers in half to make square sized pieces. Lay graham crackers flat across the entire cookie sheet.
- Place small circles of cookie dough on top of each graham cracker square and lightly press down to create a flatter shape.
- Add in as many marshmallows to each cookie as you would like.
- Place pan in the oven and heat for 8-12 minutes.
- After the cookies have cooled for about 5 minutes, place 1 small square of Hershey’s chocolate on top of each cookie.
If you prefer to use packaged place-and-bake cookie dough to cut down the preparation time, simply place the dough onto each graham cracker and follow the baking instructions from there!
I hope that you enjoy this fun recipe! These cookies make for a great dessert for Dolphins tailgates and watch parties!! Go fins!!