Five Things to Remember on Audition Day
- Eat a healthy and light breakfast with a good source of protein. Bring healthy snacks to keep you going throughout the day.
- Drink water and/or low-sugar sports drinks throughout the day. Drink small amounts at a time because drinking too much at once can give you cramps and bloating. More importantly, make sure you’re hydrated by drinking lots of water the week of. This will help you have a flat tummy as well.
- Get a 30-minute stretch in before show time (splits, lunges, neck rolls, etc.)
- Continue smiling. Think of dancing during Sunday Football with millions of people watching you!
- If you forget a step, keep going and pick it back up with even more energy. Energy keeps everyone’s eyes on you!
Smile, Sparkle, Glitter, Shimmer, Shine, Good Luck to you all!
“Great dancers are not great because of their technique, they are great because of their passion.” ― Martha Graham