Hi everyone! Nicole here! With auditions right around the corner, I know many of you may be wondering what exactly you should do if you want to make it through. Here are some audition dos and don’ts-
- Do get an adequate amount of rest the night before. I know it is a very exciting moment but you must get rest so you can perform your best. A nice cup of hot tea at night can soothe you and get you off to sleep!
- Do eat a healthy breakfast that will give you energy. Also, bring lots of water and a snacks.
- Do make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get ready and leave. If you live an hour away leave two hours early.
- Do stretch out completely, so you stay healthy while dancing.
- Do relax, breathe, and have fun! Smile no matter what happens. If you forget choreography, just catch up and smile like you know exactly what you are doing. Auditions are a lot of fun, just be yourself and shine through!
- Don’t be late! This will just add to the nerves.
- Don’t over think everything. Go with the flow and dance your heart out.
- Don’t eat junk food the night before or that day. You want to fuel your body with the right food to help you look and feel great!
- Don’t be afraid to show your personality. Introduce yourself with confidence and stand out amongst the rest.
- Don’t lose hope or think negatively about yourself. Always have a positive and upbeat attitude. There are only so many spots on the team. One of them can be yours!
I hope you have a wonderful experience and the best of luck to you!