2018 MIAMI DOLPHINS CHEERLEADERS AUDITION INFORMATION
- Must be 18 years old by August 1st, 2018.
- Must be able to attend all cheerleader rehearsals for the entire season.
- If selected, must live in or relocate to South Florida and have means of transportation.
- Preliminary & Semi-Final Auditions will be held at the Baptist Health Training Facility on Saturday, April 14, 2018.
- Registration begins promptly at 8:30 a.m. Competition begins at 10 a.m.
- Between 9 and 10 a.m. am contestants will learn the audition choreography that will immediately be performed at 10 a.m. (This choreography will also be taught on Friday, April 13th, at the choreography class. To register for prep class, CLICK HERE.)
- Applications will be accepted now through April 13th, 2018 at 5:00pm.
To pre-register for auditions, please CLICK HERE
Applicants arriving by 8:30 am will receive the first contestant numbers. You will also need to fill out a bio sheet and bring a photo to registration with you. Pre-registered applicants must present a photo ID to receive their contestant number.
APPLICANTS NOT PRE-REGISTERED:
Applicants not registered in advance will need to fill out a completed application form and have their photo taken on the day of auditions. Blank application forms will be available at registration.
This portion of the audition process is CLOSED to the public.
It will be a long day, so please bring your own snacks and drinks.
Mirrors and restrooms will be available for your convenience and use.
For Audition Questions email: email@example.com
WHAT TO WEAR
- Sports bra or Crop/half top with well fitted dance or boy shorts.
- Nude/flesh colored tights or panty hose.
- Dance shoes (sneakers, jazz shoes, character shoes, etc.)
- NO dance pants or warm-ups
- Wear your hair down and in a fashion that compliments your features and does not hide your face. This is not a typical dance audition, THINK GLAMOROUS!
The judges will rate you on poise, smile, personality, energy, figure and dance ability.
*All contestants who received a “Free Pass” at the Prep Classes must arrive by 11:00 am to register for the Semi-Final Phase.
All times are approximate
11 a.m. – Contestants must bring their Preliminary contestant number or their “Free Pass” to pre-register for the Semi-Final Phase. After registration is complete, contestants will participate in a short panel interview for the judges to get to know you better.
12 p.m. – Cheerleader Choreographer will refresh the choreography learned earlier and kick line. Immediately following, contestants will perform the dance combination and kick line in groups of five. Upon completion of the dance section, the judges will retire to make decisions and return shortly for the announcement of those selected to advance to the next phase.
Those selected will stay for a brief meeting to discuss the final phases of the Audition process: Interviews, Photos, Clinics and Performance (Only for candidates selected at Semi-Finals).
DATES AND TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE, SO YOU SHOULD PLAN TO BE AVAILABLE FOR THE FULL WEEK.
FINAL CANDIDATE INTERVIEWS AND PHOTO SHOOT
Sunday, April 15th (Hard Rock Stadium)
You will sign up for a specific interview time slot.
FINAL AUDITION CLINICS
Tuesday, April 17th: 6:30 – 10 p.m. – Clinic 1 (location TBD)
Wednesday, April 18th: 6:30 – 10 p.m. – Clinic 2 (location TBD)
Thursday, April 19th: 6:30 – 10 p.m. – Clinic 3 (location TBD)
Sunday, April 22nd, 2018: 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Hard Rock Stadium
The final phase of the auditions will take place at Hard Rock Stadium, in front of a live audience. This will be Open to the Public.